it is crazy to me that we're approaching our 1 year anniversary (tomorrow!). as a little girl I couldn't wait to one day work in the fashion industry or own a boutique. it's so cool look back at all that has happened over the last several years to make this dream a reality!
as I sit back and think about how special this year has been and where it's taken me, it makes my heart feel so full. it's been a year of ups and downs but thankfully more ups! :) it was never a thought that the last few months of my first year would be learning how to do business during a pandemic! I'm learning everyday more and more what it takes to be a business owner, how to successfully operate and manage my boutique and most importantly, how to bring the best to my customers.
there are so many people that I have to thank that have supported me from the very start of this journey. thank you to all who have given me words of encouragement, advice, those who have helped run pop-up events, shared my boutique in person or on social media, interacted online, ordered, hosted shopping parties and so much more. T H A N K Y O U. there is truly not enough love and appreciation I can give to all of you. because of y'all I am living out my dream. I really could not have done it without you.
most importantly, I'd like to thank God for blessing me with the opportunity to live out my dream. without my faith I know I would have quit a thousand times over. it's not always rainbows and butterflies owning a business but it all makes it worth it when I see a smile and the extra bit of confidence across the faces of the beautiful women I work with.
during my time of reminiscing of all that has happened over the last year, I thought it would be fun to look back at the top 5 boutique favorites that we've had during our first 365 days:
1. leopard pull over - wow, was this a hit! from being a top seller online and flying off the racks at pop-up events, this one was the fastest and most sold item we've had!
2. leopard high neck ruffle tank - seems to be a pattern here! :) I can't say I mind, leopard print has been one of my favorites since I was a kid. I even remember having a leopard print comforter back in the day. yikes! I love this tank because it's light and airy, has super cute button detail down the back, and the print of course got me hooked!
3. black v neck tank - this tank is a perfect everyday summer piece. it's a great style for any age and so easy to wear. I can't say that I'm surprised by this top pick either!
4. mauve short sleeve tie top - this one, along with our sage tie top, have been around since the very start and I just can't get enough of them. it's perfect with leggings to lounge around the house in but also so adorable to wear out and about. I love this one for it's comfort and versatility!
5. black & white star sweater - there was a big tie for 5th place on our list but I had to choose this sweater because wow, was this one popular. I sold out all of my pieces at my first pop-up event and fought to get a restock order in before the rest of my 13 events. this sweater is truly one of the best pieces we've had. it's incredibly soft, on trend, and goes with anything from jeans to leather pants! I know I'll be wearing this one for years to come.
thank you for keeping up with boutique. I cannot wait to see what the next year brings!
cheers to one year!